To communicate with the Editorial Office use any of the following means:
Telephone (Fax): (506) 25 11 55 50
Traditional mail: Revista de Biología Tropical,
Universidad de Costa Rica. Zona postal 2060,
San José, Costa Rica, América Central.
Courier: Revista de Biología Tropical, frente a
Facultad de Bellas Artes, Universidad de Costa Rica,
San Pedro de Montes de Oca, San José, Costa Rica.
Bear in mind that our office closes one week in April, and from December 14 through January 7.
Questions about manuscript status
We spend many staff resources answering authors about the state of their manuscripts. We would prefer to use those resources in processing manuscripts more rapidly. You can help us by allowing these times before emailing us for information:
- Allow five days to receive an email saying that your manuscript has been received. If you do not hear from us within five days, you must contact us immediately.
- Allow 30 days to receive our message explaining if our Editorial Board decided to send your manuscript to reviewers.
- Allow 60 days to receive reviewers' comments.
- Allow 15 days to process your manuscript comments.
- Allow 30 days to receive indications about the second draft.
- Allow 45 days to receive your acceptance/charges notification.